Product Description :
Liquid Nails Heavy Duty is a multipurpose construction adhesive that delivers extreme strength in a shorter space of time. The product is specifically designed for those demanding high performance applications, like attaching heavy or bulky materials, panelling, stone tiles, timber and furniture. Best of all it delivers heavy duty adhesion faster so you can get on with the next job.
- 2 X more strength than Liquid Nails Original in less than half the time
- Speed of cure means mechanical fasteners can be removed after 8 hours compared to 24 hours for Liquid Nails Original
- No slump or stringing, even when applying a bead to overhead surfaces
- Excellent resistance to water and weather makes it suitable for interior and exterior applications
- Easy to extrude from the cartridge at low winter temperatures
Where can this product be used?
- Sheet flooring to joists
- Metal or aluminium door strips to floors and walls
- Timber or fibre cement sheeting to cement block or brick walls
- Masonite / hardboard to timber or floorboards
- Wallboard or panelling to wood or metal frames
- Cork tiles to timber, fibre cement or plaster
- Timber flooring to yellow tongue in conjunction with mechanical fixings to avoid later squeaking
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Plastics (Pre-test to determine suitability)
- Tiles & ceramics
How to use this product
Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
Surfaces to be bonded should be free of oil, grease and dust. On wet timber pooled water should be wiped off. Cut cartridge tip, fit nozzle and cut end to desired opening. (Approx 5 mm diameter).
WET BOND METHOD
- Direct a bead along the length of the joist, stud or batten. On broad flat surfaces apply beads every 40 cm. (‘zig-zag’ beads are more appropriate on surfaces of moderate width; eg shiplap panels.)
- Fix with sufficient nails, screws or clamping to hold load and achieve contact over the total bond area. Wet bonds are repositionable for up to 15 mins after fitting.
- Allow adhesives to set (at least 8 hours) before removing any temporary fasteners or clamping.(Refer to Bond Strength Time.)
CONTACT BOND METHOD – for faster grab
- Apply a bead to one surface only, press together and pull apart.
- Allow surfaces to dry 2-4 minutes before firmly joining. Surfaces should not be kept apart for longer than 10 minutes as to do so will impair bond strength
When fixing sheet flooring (e.g. particleboard), use in conjunction with flooring manufacturer’s installation specifications for minimum nailing requirements. Note: To eliminate squeaks in tongue and groove flooring, use Liquid Nails Heavy Duty in conjunction with mechanical fixings.