Is a high grade sealant that is quick and easy to apply giving a clear finish. Providing long lasting protection even on wet and oily surfaces, paintable and water resistant.
Ideal For :
- Glazing,Roofs,Guttering,Brick,Cement,Timber,Window Frames,Plastic,Sink,Basins
- Glass like clarity – dries clear to blend with the surface.
- Suitable for old and new surfaces as it cuts through light oil deposits for excellent adhesion and seals effectively even on weathered surfaces.
- Suitable for damp non-porous surfaces eg metals, glass, glazed tiles.
- Paintable with oil and water based paints.
- Multipurpose – can be used on most building materials and won’t crack or dry out.
- Mould resistance as it contains a fungicide to protect against unsightly mould growth.
- Good weatherability and resistance to UV light.
- Excellent gap filling characteristics.
- Ensure the surface is clean, dry and free from dust, grease, flaking/powdery paint and old or crumbling caulk. If the surface is non-porous eg glass or metal, firstly clean the surface with Mineral Turpentine and then again with Methylated Spirits.
- For a smooth finish, smooth with a wet finger or scraper, dipped in mineral turpentine.
- If the surface is wet, remove as much water as possible, preferably with acetone and apply as stated above. However flatten into joints immediately.
- To clean up the excess, wipe excess away with a cloth dampened in mineral turpentine. Remove dried sealant from skin with petroleum jelly.
- Avoid smearing on surrounding surfaces, see handy tip.
- Sealant will skin immediately, and fully cure after several days. At this point any unwanted sealant can be removed by trimming with a sharp blade, but avoid under cutting the seal.
- Can be painted immediately with water based paint. If the paint is oil based paints, firstly paint the surface with a water based under coat straight after ALL CLEAR has been applied.
Handy Tips :
- Ensure you tape both sides of the gap before applying the product. This ensures a neat finish and makes it easier to clean up.
- When first applying product, extrude a small amount onto a piece of scrap material to ensure a smooth continuous flow of ALL CLEAR.
- Remove the tape before the sealant skins.
- If the weather is cold ALL CLEAR can thicken and be harder to get out from the cartridge, so store the product in a warm spot before using it. ALL CLEAR applies best at room temperature 25ºC. Do not heat ALL CLEAR as it contains flammable solvents.
- For a better finish use a spatula dipped in mineral turpentine.