Selleys No More Gaps Multi-purpose is a general-purpose interior/ exterior flexible gap filler. Its water based formulation delivers superior flexibility & long term resistance to cracking & crumbling, giving you a lasting finish. This formulation makes it ideal for sealing or filling gaps and joints where expansion and contraction occurs such as between a skirting board and a wall, which can cause rigid fillers and other less flexible gap fillers to crack and fall out.
- Superior flexibility to cope with building movement, meaning the cracks and gaps will be hidden for longer. Has greater than 300% elongation/stretch and up to +/- 15% movement capability.
- Superior adhesion to a broad range of surfaces, resulting in a lasting finish.
- A smooth flawless finish and minimal shrinkage from the sides of the gap or joint, to give you the professional look.
- Can be painted over with both water and oil based paints, after the surface has skinned. (Approximately 30 minutes after application). Wide joints are best left for 48 hours before painting as some paints shrink during drying that can cause the paint to crack.
- Is formulated for long term resistance to cracking and crumbling.
- Is water based, so can be cleaned up easily and quickly with water.
- Will not stain building materials.
- Has good resistance to weathering.
- Is available in a range of sizes and delivery styles.
How to use?
1. Ensure surface is clean and dry
2. Cut nozzle to desired size at 45° and apply sealant using a cartridge tool, pushing sealant ahead of the nozzle.
3. Sealant must be smoothed with a wet finger or any tool.
4. Clean spills immediately with a damp sponge or cloth.
5. Sealant will dry in about 48 hours. (Some paints give better results if sealant is dry before painting.
Can Be Use At
A gap where movement occurs such as:
- Between window and door frames and the wall.
- Along skirting boards.
- Around cornices.
- Between benchtops and tiles which are not exposed to water. Use SELLEYS Wet Area Silicone Sealant for sealing around bathtubs, kitchen sinks and in shower recesses.
- In corners or between walls & ceilings.
- Between cabinets and cupboards.
- Around air conditioning vents and the ceiling.
- Where shrinkage or movement has caused rigid fillers to crack.
- Gaps with the maximum width of 25mm & depth of 12mm.
- Is not recommended where significant joint movement occurs, such as gaps between tongue and groove boards or weatherboard overlaps and areas of continous water immersion eg ponds.
- Is not suitable for application at below 5°C.
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Brick & Concrete
- Plasterboard, particleboard & fibre cement sheeting
- Ceramic Tiles
- Many other building materials