Is a general purpose, neutral cure, co-polymer sealant that will adhere to most building materials, even when wet. Suitable for lap joints in guttering, roofing and weatherproofing. It can be over-painted with oil based and water based paints.
Ideal For :
- Can be overpainted immediately with water based and oil based paints. For best results undercoat first with water based undercoat.
- High performance copolymer rubber based for indoor and outdoor applications.
- Universal sealant – adheres to most substrates.
- Neutral cure – will not attack metal or concrete type substrates.
- Adheres to many wet substrates, especially if pre-wiped with acetone.
- Good working characteristics, easy to apply and tool.
- Offers good weatherability and resistance to U.V. light.
- Good slump resistance.
- Good paintability – can be over painted immediately with oil based and water based paints. For best results it is recommended to first undercoat with a premium water based undercoat.
- Easy clean up with mineral turps
- Surface should be clean, dry (where possible), free of dust, loose particles and soap residues. If required, clean with mineral turpentine. (For wet application. Refer directions below.)
- Cut blind end off nipple on cartridge and pierce membrane inside base of nipple. Fit nozzle, trim at 45° angle to desired opening and place in a continuous steady flow, pushing sealant ahead of nozzle.
- For a neat finish, tool sealant surface immediately with a spatula dipped in turpentine.
- Skins immediately with maximum toughness achieved slowly over several days.
- Clean up before sealant cures with mineral turpentine or white spirits.
Handy Tips :
- Wet Materials: Remove surface water as much as possible. Keep nozzle close to surface so the extruding sealant immediately contacts the surface. Flatten sealant into joint. Adhesion will improve on drying. Where adhesion is difficult, wipe surface with solvent acetone before applying sealant. Blockade will seal wet non-porous surfaces such as metal, glass, tiles. However, adhesion may be difficult on some wet porous surfaces such as concrete or wood.
- Not recommended for sealing water containment structures or for permanent water immersion.
- For best results in large joints use bond breaking backing material to limit sealant depth.
- Blockade may damage some plastics such as styrene foam – test a small area before proceeding.
- In cold weather store at room temperature for easier use.
Safety Tips :
- Keep out of reach of children.
- On direct contact uncured sealant irritates eyes. In case of contact flush eyes with water and contact a doctor.
- Avoid repeated or prolonged skin contact.
- Use in a well ventilated area. Intentional misuse by deliberately inhaling the vapours from this product can be harmful or fatal. Vapours can be ignited by flame or spark.