- One Handed Locking – Ease of use/Quick open & close (Patent Pending)
- Flush Bolt Design – Won’t hang up on material (Patent Pending)
- Forged Alloy Steel Blades – For Maximum Tool Strength
- Rust Protection – Hard Chrome plated blades increases tool life by reducing corrosion
- Serrated Jaws – Cuts: Up to 18ga CRS (Cold Rolled Steel); 22ga SS (Stainless Steel)
- Ergonomic Handles – For maximum comfort and superior performance.
|Cold Rolled Steel||18ga|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime Warranty|
The 1-3/4″ long cutters are made of hard chromed steel for maximum durability, and they’ve been serrated to prevent material slippage and provide a sturdy bite. You can cut up to 18g cold rolled steel and 22g stainless steel. It’s nice to see a large, 1/4″ pivot nut as well, which, by the way, you’ll want to oil ocassionally.
Pivot nut is flush on one side of the snips
Milwaukee has recessed the pivot nut on one side of the snips, which prevents material from getting caught up on the nut. This is an excellent design feature – if your current snips lack this feature you’ll know exactly what I mean.
Simple yet effective locking mechanism
The one-handed locking mechanism works seamlessly. When the handles are locked, simply press them together to release the locking arm. Once you’re done cutting squeeze the handles together and activate the lock with your thumb. Couldn’t be easier or quicker.
However, if you store the snips in an open tool box with other hand tools, even moderate pressure exerted on the handles of the snips, caused by the tools pressing together, can result in the snips opening. To avoid this, store them in the pocket of a tool bag, or put an elastic band around the handles.